CFCUL welcomes qualified prospective candidates interested in applying for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie post-doctoral fellowship with CFCUL as their Host Institution.
CFCUL is interested in hosting excellent postdoctoral researchers in a wide range of areas in Philosophy of Science.
The calendar of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie post-doctoral fellowships has not been published yet. It is expected to open on June 22 and close on October 12, 2021. These dates may be subject to change. Prospective candidates are invited to contact the Direction of CFCUL as soon as possible and no later than 30 June 2021 sending an e-mail in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
• Title and short summary of the work plan, explaining the objectives of the proposal and how they will be achieved (written in English, max. 1000 words);
• A detailed Curriculum vitae;
• One copy of a relevant publication
• Indication of the Research Group in which they would like to develop their research (see below).
CFCUL is an R&D Unit of the University of Lisbon based in the Faculty of Sciences, and is the only Portuguese research centre exclusively devoted to the Philosophy of Science. With an international team of over 50 PhD integrated members, CFCUL’s research is highly interdisciplinary. It is organised in 3 Research Groups, and covers the following areas:
RG1 – PHILOSOPHY OF THE FORMAL SCIENCES, METHODOLOGY AND EPISTEMOLOGY covers three research lines:
1) Epistemology & Methodology
2) Philosophy of the Formal Sciences
3) History & Philosophy of European and non-European scientific traditions and communication of science
RG2 – PHILOSOPHY OF NATURAL SCIENCES covers three research lines:
1) Philosophy of Physics
2) Philosophy of the Life Sciences
3) Metaphysics of Science
RG3 – PHILOSOPHY OF TECHNOLOGY, HUMAN SCIENCES, ART AND SOCIETY covers four research lines:
1) Science and Art
2) Science-Art-Philosophy Lab
3) Philosophy of Human Technology
4) Philosophy of Human Sciences, Ethics and Politics
For inquiries about the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Post-doctoral Fellowship application please send an email to email@example.com.